Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fishing


I have this obsession with Cloisonné fish. For those of you who don't know, cloisonné is a type of enamel technique, which involves metal wires and enamel and glaze to create patterns. It's mostly associated with Asian, or rather, Chinese decorative arts. The fish are traditionally these awesome jointed things, with beautiful color and metal detailing. Something about them is very elegant, but also very disco...at least once I'm done with them.
I've had the fish in this necklace for about 12 years. The chains are all taken from various different belts. I love how the chains drape around this massive fish.

This guy has amazing details in his scales. I like also how he's oriented side to side. His eyes are amazing.These are actually very small. I put them on this delicate little gold-filled chain, and in between them are these gorgeous smoky topaz pendants, originally a pair of earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment