Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Old Gringo

So...I have not been writing, because I have been EXTREMELY prolific in making jewelry....and gigging on sax. I'm working on photographing all these new August pieces for the next blog, but here's a little diversion for now. I have been on this big cowboy boot kick lately. I wore my grey frye ankle ones the other day, and am craving another pair (or two). I had a pair in college, but they were not the real deal...from Steve Madden, and promptly fell apart. If I could afford it, I would get some hard core hand made ones. Frye is awesome, but if you want some crazy ornate shit, I'd check out Old Gringo. They've only been around since 2000, but they crank out some amazing freaking boots over there in Chula Vista CA. Some are a little too floral for me... but these are ones I really dig...


The black and red...the slight heel...fuck yeah!




This is like the girly cousin of the black ones...




The metallic should be too much, but its used just right.




These are unisex....I like the eagle motif. These are rock and roll all the way....




The classic bird design....



My absolute FAVORITE...the ones I am going to scour the internet until I find them for, I dont know, less than $250 (gotta save up $250 first too...) are a lot simpler than the others...but equally gorgeous and badass

The "Razz". I saw them at Calypso years ago...I love the zipper...the distressing, the faded black...it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.....

Good boots last forever...if you maintain them. They're expensive, but they last. Like frye boots, and other quality shoes, you get them fixed, you don't replace them. I sometimes think we are too used to disposable wardrobes....
On that note, new jewelry up soon!




2 comments:

  1. i love these too but they are so friggen expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! I keep stalking them on ebay, but theyre still over 200 bucks, and I don't have that kinda dough to blow on shoes...maybe someday....

    ReplyDelete