Friday, August 13, 2010

Chicagogo part I: Sneaking into Lollapalooza (my dad is cooler than me)


So, just this past week I took a trip to Chicago to visit my family. Its been a really long time since I've just gone to visit, not just stopping off while on tour. My step-mom Susan was curating an art show, and my dad was playing Lollapalooza with Spoon, so it seemed like the best time to go. Now, I really wanted to get into the festival, but they were being very very strict. My dad warned me before i came, that he night not be able to get me in but I had faith, and I had smarts. Outside of the gates, on Madison and Congress, I told my dad to let ME carry his bari sax....people wont question me if I'm hauling this huge horn around. So, carrying this sax, stand inbetween my dad and one of the other horn players the whole way in, I got past the gate into the festival, AND got back stage...from there i talked my way on the the side of the stage, from where I WATCHED THE WHOLE SHOW. My dad was part of a two bari, two trombone, two trumpet horn section, and it was AWESOME. Spoon rocked, and they must have played for like, 200,000 people. My dad is cooler than me...

My dad and a good friend of mine from high school, Victor Garcia, warming up before the gig....




SPOON!!!!


CROWD SURFING!!!!


Yeah...waaaay cooler than me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment