Monday, August 23, 2010

Chicagogo part III: Hometown tourism (day at the museum with my mom)

So the Monday after Lollapalooza and Art on Track, me and my mom decided to go to the Shedd Aquarium. We took the water taxi from downtown Chicago's west loop to the spot....


I love Chicago architecture.....

Me and my mom!!!

The skyline.

Upon arriving at the aquarium, we find out that it is an hour long wait to get in!!! So we go to the Field Museum of Natural History Instead. It turned out to be really awesome, and inspiring for me. It has two of my favorite things, jewelry and taxidermy!

Owl!!!

Big-ass owl!!!

Rabbit!!!

some things really cracked me up....



DOLOMITE!!!!!!

The gemstone and jewelry room had some amazing things...

Beautiful Paloma Picasso bracelet...

Topaz and oxidized silver...I loved this one....

Tourmaline and gold

Edwardian carved sapphire!!!!

Diamonds, son!

Cypriotic gold and carnelian earrings

Gold from India!!!




AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment