Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December pieces


So, this is what I've been making over the past couple weeks or so....



A simple bead from a far-away land (probably southeast Asia), with brass chain fringe on a soft leather chord


Love the detail!





A vintage brass bottle with a brass charm and a Nazar, or evil eye.....

Kinda creepy.....





With this one I took a really cool old brooch, and I ripped the sharp part out (I always do...I dont anyone to lose blood when wearing my shizz). I put it on a chain, and the added another chain with a cool brass piece similar to the one on the bottle necklace.

I think they compliment eachother well....


It's strange, because there's no marking on the metal at all, but the stones appear to be those low grade emeralds and rubies you always see in mid-level Indian jewelry. They're definitely some kind of semi-precious stones, and the green is probably something from the Beryl family....the red could be garnet, but it looks like what they call "Pidgeon Blood" rubies to me....





This is one of my absolute faves! An awesome snake centerpiece holds a gorgeous citrine briolette. It hangs from black chain with black spikes....badass....total badass.

I think the gold and black work well together



There is a little discoloration on the snakes....I like that too....makes it REAL.

More pieces coming in a couple days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment