Sunday, February 27, 2011

February New Earrings


I recently cranked out some earrings this month, trying to break out of my super necklace-centric vibe. I will also try and do more bracelets, especially if I can get more 3rd studio time, AND rings. Though rings are really tough, because you kinda have to make a lot of it from scratch, (though I'm figuring out setting Tibetan skull beads in vintage settings....stay tuned).
The pair above features wire-wrapped quartz, brass leaves, and wire hoops on a latch back clasp.



Ok, so this pair is super special. The metal parts are by an important mid-century jewelry designer, Ed Weiner. Known for working in sterling silver, and influenced by the art world, he made super unique shapes. I added copper wire mounted quartz.




These were super simple, I just doctored them up with some cool chain fringe.




I really dig asymmetrical earrings, and these are cool because its only the shape of the hoops that make it so. Real peacock feathers and freshwater pearls give it drama.


New Necklaces coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment