Saturday, February 4, 2012

Museum of Natty History part 1


A few months ago I went to the Museum of Natural History. I took mad pictures. See, I'm the kind of girl whose major interests include rocks/minerals, world cultures, ethnic textiles, taxidermy, folklore, myths, and mollusks....so basically I want to live there....


The gem hall was amazing. There was a lot that really inspired me as a jewelry designer.



opals



coral



The world jewelry always gets me....






This dagger was apparently for stabbing demons....makes sense....

There are also amazing textiles....



These things inspire me to make this series of jackets I have been working on for quite some time....more on that in another post....


And there were amazing masks...from all over the world



Noh masks....






This thing reminds me of the Izz from "The Maxx"


And at last, the taxidermy. Though, I'm actually going to do a whole museum taxidermy blog post pretty soon, heres some of the things I dug....


YESSSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment