Friday, June 25, 2010

The Lion's Den


I have been dreaming about this necklace since I first got these two rhinestone lions....

I wanted some crazy chain web to be hanging from them...


I like how its looks like they're hold all this...

When I got him, he was covered in all the weird like, green rust...some of the green still remains, but I like that about him...

This one was pretty rust free.

This is a Figa, an Afro-Brazilian symbol of protection. It originates with the Yoruba and Lukumi of west Africa, who brought the symbol with them as slaves to the new world. It is part of the Afro-Catholic Syncretic religions of Brazil (Macumba, Candomble, etc...)

This is a vintage brass bead/pendant...

I like to mix rhinestone glitz with religious paraphernalia, and industrial roughness...I think this piece definitely has all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment