Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Frye!!!


I am definitely a shoe girl. For me, I could wear the same damn outfit everyday (I kinda do a lot of the time), but switch up the shoes to make it rad! However, as much as I dig major platform/high heels, the shoes that really make me weak are boots. I have a particularly big obsession with Frye boots. To me, they are the epitome of function and style. You can wear them with anything and look hot. They're also comfortable as hell! Whats not to like?




The classic harness boot. Awesome with dresses, when you're all dolled up, but still may have to totally kick someones ass later....

The way the leather is aged on these is amazing.


I love the trim and the little stacked heel. These look like boots you'd find in like, a fly photo of your mom from the early 70's, and you think, "damn, I'm glad we share genetic material"


The embroidery is subtle enough to not be too cowgirl.


The braided leather trim is beckoning me.


These lace up ones are a bit harder to come across than the others. I rarely see them.

I have two campus boots. I have had them for about 5 years. I got them each resoled once, and they were like, brand new. When most people's shoes wear out, they just toss 'em, and buy more. I really think its worth it to have a quality pair of boots, made of tough-ass leather, and GET THEM FIXED.


Super groovy vintage Frye ad. I normally hate being advertised to, but this one is old, and theyre already preaching to the CHOIR.

No comments:

Post a Comment