Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Isabel

I'm going to just come right out and say that , you know, I'm not a super girly-girl. I'm actually a pretty big tomboy, in a lot of ways. BUT I love fashion...which would seem incongruous. I appreciate a wide variety of designers and aesthetics, but as I get older, I tend to gravitate towards a more specific style. I sort of refer to it as "high class grunge", "fashion for tough girls", "rock and roll style"....whatever you want to call it, I don't know. All I know is I love beautiful things, but I also in a day have to maybe carry a brass instrument the size of my entire body on my back, saw through sheets of copper, bust shoplifters, ride 3 trains, haul box after box of books, and undoubtedly spill coffee all over myself....my clothes can't be too frou frou! SO, to me the epitome of badass chick style is Isabel Marant. I love her, her clothes, her vibe...it's like, all the shit I dig wrapped into one thing. Slim pants, beautiful blouses, sharp-ass jackets, sequins, leather, and FLANNEL?! Be still my heart.....


Spring 2011....Sexy flannel...I've believed in it since 1994....now you can too! No, but really, I love how hot, but chill it looks. The blue lace is freakin rad too.


This is from Fall 2010. I wear a lot of grey, I'd even go so far as to say it's my favorite color. I like how its mixed with silver on the right. I also just plain covet those coats.


Fall 2011. What speaks to me about her style is like, it seems to me, to be for girls who rather look cool than hot. (though you end up probably looking like both) When I see her collection, I feel like I could wear that...and not every designer makes me feel that way.

Awesome neckpiece.


Oh yeah, and let's not forget the SHOES....


Holy crap....


Hot shoes you could hang out in without feeling like your feet need to be amputated.


Chain AND fringe...hell yeah!

I do wear heels! Not like, everyday, or when I'm carrying 50lbs of woodwinds on my back, but I have been known to rock a heel! I like that they have this cute rockabilly thing going on. I also think they would still look cool after they're all spotty cuz you spilled beer all over them....

Everyone totally lost their shit over these...I can see why.



From one of her ad campaigns....usually ads piss me off, but I dig how simple hers are.

Thank you, Isabel Marant, for re-affirming my belief that I can love fashion, without being a priss!

No comments:

Post a Comment