Thursday, January 6, 2011

First pieces of 2011


So, I've been on a roll in the beginning of 2011, and cranked out some pretty rad pieces....


This one was really time-consuming. I had all this cool wood skull beads, and so I placed them on a multi-strand silver-tone necklace. I hand -knotted the chain to keep the beads in place, and reinforced each knot with a drop of adhesive (liquid crazy glue)

I like how earthy the wood makes them look..



This piece was more straightforward to make. Rhinestones, chain, and a badass sword pendant. Nuff said.

Its missing one stone, but I think thats a huge part of the appeal.

I love swords!


This necklace I made out of a piece of a vintage rhinestone choker, chain fringe from some tacky necklace, black chain, and one of my favorites; wing charms.

I love the mixed textures here....the chain, stones and detailed wings.

I love the color of vintage rhinestones. They have a grey shine to them.


This one is really special, because i wire-set the quartz points myself. I'm still getting the technique down, but progress was totally made. I used copper colored wire, and the bird charm seemed like the next step. I love mixed metals


One of my absolute favorites!

1 comment:

  1. wow such interesting pieces

    let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:

    My Couture Diaries
    My Couture Diaries
    My Couture Diaries

    ReplyDelete