Thursday, January 13, 2011

Live Music Photography


Music is an overwhelming large part of my life. As a musician, it permeates every facet of me in some way or another. I love actually playing music, but I love going to see live shows just as much. See, despite all that love of sound, I am a very visual person. This is probably a large part of why I'm also very into fashion, and ultimately making jewelry....its my way of creating visual art, or some kind of visual narrative. I got into taking photos of bands performing in high school. I sort of forgot about it until a few years back when I finally got a digital camera. My camera is a piece of crap, and I only know how to use iphoto, but these are some of the best shots I've taken in the past year or so.....


JERSEYBAND at Le Poisson Rouge (so is the photo above)





RAILBIRD at The Living Room






MY MORNING JACKET at Terminal 5




STEVE CONTE at Stubbs BBQ in Austin for SXSW






THE DAPKINGS at the Apollo (I wasn't actually allowed to take pictures, and Sharon Jones hadnt gone on yet....I snuck ONE picture before the guys backstage said I couldn't....damn)






THE CALLERS at Le Poisson Rouge





HOLLY MIRANDA at The Bowery Ballroom





THE REX COMPLEX at Cameo





GATO LOCO at The Bowery Poetry Club






YULA AND THE EXTENDED FAMILY at the Bowery Poetry Club



More photos to come!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I took more of you guys, I just haven't had time to edit them all....I'll send you more though....

    ReplyDelete